Motivational Interviewing (MI), developed by Miller and Rollnick, is an alternative technique that may be obvious to some and radical to others. MI honour’s the person’s autonomy, provoke their desire to change, and take a collaborative—rather than confrontational—approach.
MI is a respectful, compassionate and evidence-based tool. It’s a person centres form of guiding the patient to elicit and strengthen their motivation to change. It uses peoples own goals and actions to increase their intrinsic motivation by explaining and removing ambivalence about changing their behaviour.
MI may be thought to be incomplete without considering the “Stages of Change” ( Prochaska, Norcrossand DiClemente ) Recognising where the person is in their change and how using MI techniques is essential in supporting the task of helping patients through those stages.
This training is aimed at practice staff who are currently working in practices that are delivering Care and Support Planning (C&SP) for patients with long term conditions (LTC).
The overall purpose of the training is to encourage participants to be able to help motivate patients with LTC form goal related plans and boost patient’s faith in their own ability to succeed.
Aims of the training:
- Understand why some patients are more difficult to work with
- Have a basic understanding of the theory of MI and its application with different patients
- Have a basic understanding of the skills necessary to practically apply MI with clients considering their stage of behaviour change
- Acknowledge the necessity of building the patients confidence and resolving ambivalence
- Able to practice and demonstrate the competencies necessary to achieve a positive consultation
When & Where
Wednesday 17 March 2021
Amersham – Venue TBC
How to Apply
Application Process (For Logged in Bucks users)
- To request a place onto course or event, use the button on the right hand side ‘Request A Place‘
- Then once successfully requested a place the button will change to ‘You Have Applied for This Course‘
- You will receive an email with confirmation of your application – (check your junk mail too)
- Administrator will manually approve your place
- You will received an email to say your place is approved (then and then only will you have a confirmed place)
Application Process (For non-Bucks users)
Please email email@example.com requesting a place onto the course.
State your name, job title and employer
|How to Apply [No learning agreement]||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.