As part of the Novo Nordisk MERIT Programme the insulin initiation module covers all aspects surrounding insulin therapy including:
- Supporting the patient throughout their use of insulin, advising on injection techniques, injection techniques, injection devices, blood glucose monitoring, and hypoglycaemia awareness
- Assisting the patient in troubleshooting problems that may arise during their use of insulin, for example injection site concerns, diet and exercise queries, and dose and regimen alterations
- Targets for well-being, HbA1c and home blood glucose testing
- Titration of dosage, based on blood glucose monitoring.
Following this module, healthcare professionals should feel confident in supporting patients using insulin therapy, identification of possible problem areas and knowing when to refer to specialist services.
4 CPD Points
When & Where
Wednesday 9th December
Lambert Arms Hotel, London Road, Aston Rowant, Watlington, OX49 5SQ
Application Process (For Logged in Bucks users)
- To request a place onto course or event, use the button on the right hand side ‘Request A Place‘
- Then once successfully requested a place the button will change to ‘You Have Applied for This Course‘
- You will receive an email with confirmation of your application – (check your junk mail too)
- Administrator will manually approve your place
- You will received an email to say your place is approved (then and then only will you have a confirmed place)
Application Process (For non-Bucks users)
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a place onto the course.
- State your name, job title and employer
|How to Apply [No learning agreement]||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.