As part of the Novo Nordisk MERIT Programme the insulin initiation module runs over two days.
This module is for healthcare professionals who are planning to include insulin initiation for people with type 2 diabetes as part of their clinical role, or for those who already initiate insulin but feel that they need basic revision. The module covers all aspects of insulin initiation:
- Identify when insulin is appropriate and understand why insulin is needed
- Assist the patient in making an informed choice on whether to use insulin and in the selection of an insulin regimen and injection device appropriate to their needs
- Support the patient during the initial stages of insulin use, advising on injection techniques, injection devices, blood glucose monitoring, hypoglycaemia awareness, informing the authorities, sharps disposal, sick day rules and other relevant topics
This module follows on from the first day and the aims are to revise insulin therapy and to address the challenges of managing people with type 2 diabetes on insulin therapy. It covers:
- Goals of insulin therapy and setting targets
- Insulin practicalities
- Ongoing support
- Changing the insulin regimen
- Case studies
Each day constitutes 6 CPD Points
There is an expectation that following the taught module, learning is validated by in-Practice support from specialist diabetes team or DENF.
When & Where
Day 1 – 9.30-15.30 on 11th November
Day 2 – 9.30 – 15.30 on 18th November
Lambert Arms Hotel, London Road, Aston Rowant, Watlington, OX49 5SQ
Application Process (For Logged in Bucks users)
- To request a place onto course or event, use the button on the right hand side ‘Request A Place‘
- Then once successfully requested a place the button will change to ‘You Have Applied for This Course‘
- You will receive an email with confirmation of your application – (check your junk mail too)
- Administrator will manually approve your place
- You will received an email to say your place is approved (then and then only will you have a confirmed place)
Application Process (For non-Bucks users)
- Please email email@example.com requesting a place onto the course.
- State your name, job title and employer
|How to Apply [No learning agreement]||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.