- This event has passed.
BTH are offering fully funded places on this one day training across BOB and Frimley in partnership with MACP.
Are you mystified by myeloma screens, annoyed by ANA or exasperated by when to do an ESR?
This is a course designed for physiotherapists / allied health professionals working, who are wanting to work as autonomous practitioners with access to diagnostics in First Contact Practitioner roles or Advanced Practitioner roles.
This will be a full day course designed to provide an in-depth review of the blood tests commonly used in MSK practice, what they are and when to consider them.
The 1 day course will include screening for:
- Malignancy – screening vs diagnostic tests
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Temporal Arteritis, Gout
- Auto-immune diseases – Rheumatoid arthritis and spondyloarthropathies
- Infections – FBC, inflammatory markers.
- Metabolic bone disease – Osteoporosis, Pagets’ disease, Osteomalacia
- Chronic pain – the diagnosis of exclusion & screening for other pathologies
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Uncovering the role and relevance of blood tests to include: Tumour markers (including PSA), Inflammatory markers (ESR/CRP), Autoimmune markers (ANA/RHF, anti-CCP, HLA-B27); Bone profile, Vitamin D, Myeloma screen, FBC, U&E, LFT.